Welcome to Delta West Academy
Our Admission procedure is designed to inform you about DWA and to inform us about your child and family. We do this through the combination of a school tour, review of the application package, student interview, and testing for specific grades. The goal is to determine an optimal educational fit between the DWA learning experience and your child.
Four Easy Steps to Launching Your Child's Inspired Journey
1. Admissions Package
- Complete the online application form. We will contact you within one day of receiving it to schedule a school tour.
Please bring the following documents to your tour appointment so the Admissions Package is complete.
- A copy of the child's birth certificate.
- If the child is not a Canadian citizen, please provide residency documentation or a parent's work permit.
- Two years of recent report cards (except for Kindergarten and Grade 1) including the current year's report card.
- SSAT results if available.
2. School Tour
See the DWA inspiration in action! The parents will visit a variety of classes to observe and then we will have an in-depth conversation about your child: academic achievement, social interaction, and personal highlights. Your additional documentation is part of the discussion so please ensure that it is complete.
3. Student Interview
- The student interview is scheduled next. If the child is younger than Grade 3, the parents will be part of the interview as well.
- If your family is out-of-province or out-of-country, we can arrange a skype interview.
Test results are an important aspect of a student's overall eligibility. However, a good or poor test result is not the determining factor in an admissions decision. Test dates are scheduled after the student interview.
- Students applying to Grades 1 - 5 complete Math and Language Arts testing at DWA.
- Students applying to Grades 6 - 12 complete the SSAT testing.
We will contact you within a week of the most recent interview or testing session with our decision. If your family is accepted to be part of the DWA community, please be prepared to pay the first tuition instalment ($4000) or the cumulative amount due according to the payment schedule dates.
Give your child the opportunity to develop into a life-long achiever.