Get the Best Start
Delta West Academy's program focuses on learning through a combination of independent exploration and structured learning.
A brightly decorated, well-stocked and very spacious room provides ample opportunity for these young learners to investigate the many exciting aspects of their world. Their busy days are scheduled around a monthly theme which is infused into all of their learning activities, centres and stations.
Structured learning emphasizes reading, writing, science, mathematics and social skills. Four year-old and five year-old children are in a mixed program where each child can grow and develop through guided and challenging activities.
The schedule of activities includes:
- Strong literacy and numeracy program
- Daily Handwriting Without Tears printing program
- Theme-oriented instruction for Math, Science, and Social Studies
- Music, Art and Drama instruction
- ipad or interactive SMART table activities
- Sensory exploration stations
- Physical education classes instructed by PE teachers
- Field trips every month
- French and Spanish instruction by second language specialists
- Home guided reading program
- Journal writing and spelling program
- Bucket Filler social responsibility respect program
Most importantly, these young learners graduate to Grade 1 with a strong foundation in the essential academic skills of reading, spelling, writing and math, and creative problem solving.
September to January: Monday to Friday 8:15 am - 12:00 pm
February to June: 3 full days 8:15 - 3:30, and two mornings as above.
The Kindergarten program hours transition from half days to selected full days at mid-year. From September until January, students come for a full morning program. Then in February until June, the students start coming for three full days as well as their regular morning, easing them into the routine of regular days expected for Grade 1.
Before & After School Care is available on-site from 7:00 am until 5:30 pm daily with some holiday exceptions.