Technology with 21st Century Tools
More than Clicking
DWA offers students a fully integrated, wireless technology experience. All students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 use current technology in their daily learning and teachers use it to open the world to our students.
- digital classrooms
- digital voters
- camera and video access for film production, yearbook, & multi-media projects
- Edmodo for on-line homework management
- Kindergarten: class ipads and SMART table
- Grades 1 & 2: ipad for each student
- Grades 3 & 4: class stored, personally assigned laptop for each student
- Grades 5 & 6: personally assigned laptop with graduated home privileges
- Grades 7 - 9: personally assigned laptop with full home privileges; mobile devices for homework agendas
- Grades 10 - 12: choice of personal devices
- Media, Communication and Design option has a dedicated set of large-screen iMacs and cameras exclusively for student use
Being digitally literate is not only a necessity in our world, it presents unprecendented opportunities for in-depth learning and communication... and our students and teachers can take full advantage of those opportunities.